The SEGA 3D Classics Collection is finally coming to Europe! From November 4th, 2016, gamers will be able to get their hands on a compilation of completely remastered classic SEGA games in 3D for Nintendo 3DS.
Included are nine classic games in total from the SEGA Mega Drive, and Master System back catalogues; two of which are making their European 3DS debuts; Maze Walker and Power Drift. The nine games in this collection will thus be;
- Power Drift: This sprite-based circuit racer puts you head to head against other AI racers in a twisting, turning, jumping, looping race to the finish.
- Puyo Puyo 2: This head-to-head competitive puzzle game is simple to learn, hard to master, and compellingly addictive.
- Fantasy Zone II W: Fantasy Zone II W, which was originally created for the Master System, is the version of Fantasy Zone II upgraded to the graphical capabilities of the System.
- Sonic The Hedgehog: Only the famed blue blur can defeat Dr. Eggman and rescue the animals from his vile clutches in the game that started it all for the fastest hedgehog – Sonic!
- Thunder Blade: In Thunder Blade, players control a helicopter and use guns and missiles to destroy enemy vehicles while flying between buildings, through caves, and into enemy bases.
- Galaxy Force II: As the star pilot of the Space Federation, it’s up to you to strap yourself into your TRY-X fighter and turn the tables on the invade forces of Halcyon and the Fourth Empire in this 3D shoot ‘em up.
- Altered Beast: Summoned from the dead by Zeus, players in Altered Beast must shape shift into various beasts and fight off hordes of demons to rescue the captured Athena from the clutches of Neff.
- Maze Walker: Maze Walker comes to life on the Nintendo 3DS, faithfully reproducing the sense of depth as players try to escape the mysterious, twisting maze filled with unknown dangers.
- Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa: The sentient space ship Opa-Opa is back to defend its bases from evil (but cute!) invaders in the classic scrolling shooter.
All wrapped in a beautifully designed package, courtesy of Pokémon Art Director, Ken Sugimari, SEGA 3D Classics Collection will launch in Europe on November 4th.
Editor’s Note: Finally a boxed retail release worth having at least two copies of! However, referring to this as a “complete compilation” (as the original press release does) is slightly misleading as there are 23 Sega 3D classics released so far, all in all. Among the omitted games are Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master and Streets of Rage 2.
For more information about SEGA and their titles, log on to www.sega.co.uk .